Are you thinking about which size would do justice with your painting? What’s the best portrait painting size? Which one you should choose? and maybe there are many more questions but we’ve got you covered. Here’s a detailed guide towards choosing the right size for your Portrait Painting.
Painting is certainly the best way to preserve a moment for eternity. A capture once missed can always be with you in the form of a portrait painting. Portrait Painting needs different specifications. So hence choosing the right Portrait size is quite a logical thing to do but it’s no rocket science. I’ll help you with that.
So what size should you choose?
We provide various sizes for different art forms. There are factors which affect the selection of the size of a Portrait Painting. Mainly there are 5 sizes available :
A4 Size (8X12 inches)
It is the smallest of all the available standard sizes from the standard size chart. They closely resemble the standard size of printing papers. Generally, this size is done for a single person only as there is no possibility of adding more faces. The best portrait painting size for your souvenier And is also a perfect showpiece for a bookshelf, an attraction piece for a study table, coffee table, etc. It can be kept anywhere without taking much space. A perfect souvenir for your loved one.
- It is very convenient to take it on journeys and to transfer it from one place to another as it fits into the suitcases or bags easily.
- It can be framed quickly and at a very affordable budget.
- They can be kept anywhere like on a bed table with relative ease as they do not occupy a large amount of space.
Available in Line Sketch Art, Pencil Drawings, Charcoal Drawings, Colour pencil sketches & Watercolor Paintings All the A4s are made on standard drawing sheets.
The A3 (12X16.5inches) size
This is the Classic Portrait painting size. The recommended number of people to fit in such a frame is one or two. On making it two people there is more space to add the background as well. They are Perfect for Hanging in the hallway gallery. The small stand-alone piece on the wall. It is also perfect for small galleries and tables also where it can be framed and kept.
- It offers the most convenience. Due to its optimal size, it can be transported and also fixed on a wall for viewing.
- There are more options for adding the background by properly adjusting the focus of the photo.
- Cropping options are also more flexible in case of medium-sized portraits.
- It helps you get clear images which are free from various kinds of distortions.
- Tables filled up with books can be decorated by placing portrait photos and medium-sized portraits are a perfect choice.
Available in every art style we make. 🙂 A3s are available as Standard drawing sheets for all drawings and watercolor paintings. For Oil painting, we use A3 sized fine linen canvas as the base of the portrait.
The A2(16.5X24 inches) & A1(36X48 inches) Sizes
These are the large portrait painting sizes. The maximum number of people that can be ideally painted or sketched in a large-sized portrait-like A2 and A1s are 4 and also can go well beyond depending on your preference and requirements. As the scope of people and the background that can be added is huge it is recommended for family portraits as they usually have many members It is Hanging above the couch. The main feature piece of the living room, dining room or the drawing-room.
- The most convenient part of a large portrait is the space for the addition in the background.
- It allows the intricacies of the elements to be highlighted in a more detailed manner.
- A lot of which may have to be compromised in case of the small or medium-sized photos.
- Other than family portraits, such sizes can also be used in walls of corporate offices.
- Large-sized portraits draw a lot of attention since they are visible to a larger audience.
- A2 size is available in every art style we make as either standard drawing sheets or Canvas as described according to the art style.
A1 size is only available as fine linen canvas base for Oil portrait paintings.
The A0 (48X72 inches) size
The Premium Class Portrait Painting size. The largest of all sizes we provide. The maximum number which can fir is optimally 6-7 but can vary according to your choices. It is a premium size to have if you wanna surprise someone exceedingly.
- There is a huge size hence can be more customized and also a lot of backgrounds can be added
- A large family can be drawn together without any worry of space
- Definitely will surprise everyone and will also give the best of royal looks
To maintain the royal feel and also therealism A0 size is only available in oil paintings as the base of fine woven linen canvas
So here is all I wanted to suggest to you while choosing the right size for your portrait painting. I believe choosing the right size actually depends on the purpose of the painting. Whether it’s going to be hanged on a wall or placed on a table. So clearly make sure in your heart what purpose the painting is going to serve.
Once a painting is framed it even goes beyond the boundaries of size. I think this step by step guide of “How to frame a portrait painting” is really gonna help you with that& you can also choose from a variety of frames from here. So which size you are going to order for your Painting? Do let me know in the comment section.